So, you've had a long layoff from work. Maybe it was because of COVID-19, maybe it was for another reason. Regardless of why, here are 12 things to check/do before you go back to the office, lab or classroom:
1. Look in the mirror.
2. Try your work clothes on.
3. Check it all fits and works together.
4. Get into a routine.
5. Be prepared to say no.
6. Be prepared to ask to do more work from home.
7. Confirm your commute.
8. Remember what you learnt from COVID-19.
9. Pay attention to your pets.
10. Pack your bag.
11. Don't expect to be productive immediately.
12. Thank researchers, schoolteachers, and health care workers.