How I work
Richard is an inspiring and engaging speaker (well his mum thinks so) who is passionate about making the most of your training beyond your PhD.
Are you a PhD student or academic? Do you want to know what’s next or what else is possible?
Coaching might help.
Dr Huysmans helps academic institutions and their staff be commercially smart about the application and implementation of their research ideas.
Dr Huysmans does paid training, covering all sort of topics relevant to PhD students and graduates.
You can have your institution book him to deliver something.
12 Month Group Coaching$500.00
12 1-to-1 coaching sessions$6,000.00
6 1-to-1 Coaching sessions$4,000.00
Connect the Docs: A guide to getting industry partners as an academic$9.09
- How to Build a Research GroupThe steps for building a research group or lab are vague and unclear. For people with a great idea, hoping to build a business on it, there are coaches, start-up programs, business information sessions, incubators, co-working spaces, mentors, seminars, workshops, and more. Yet for research there is very little. In this blog I look at […]
- Turning Your Research into Your BusinessHave you turned your PhD topic or experiences into a small business? How did you do it? I was an entrepreneur before it was cool. Before being an innovator or being agile was a thing. I was an entrepreneur when it was called owning your own business. Being self-employed. For some, there’s an attraction to […]
- The steps for building a research group or lab are vague and unclear. For people with a great idea, hoping to build a business […]
- Have you turned your PhD topic or experiences into a small business? How did you do it? I was an entrepreneur before it was […]
- What are your tips for being more competitive and organised when it comes to writing a grant? Here are 6 from me: Prewrite. Know […]
- We are constantly told to self-reflect. But if you’re not in the practice of it, reflection can be really hard. In his book 20 […]
- Are you thinking about leaving academia but finding it hard? Why not write a good-bye letter? The transition from one sector to another is […]